So let me get down to business. What's up with the name of this blog: Aspiring Toward Greatness? The first thing I need to explain is what greatness actually entails. What is greatness really? It would be easy for me, as an aspiring filmmaker, to look to all of the great filmmakers and say that those men are great (and they are great filmmakers), but I'm looking for something even greater.
This is a momentous task. Honestly, all I can do is aspire for this sort of greatness. I don't have the strength to attain it on my own. Thus, I raise my hands in surrender and pray for the Holy Spirit to have His way in me that I might be able to direct my hope toward Christ. I cannot be great, but He can be great in me, and that is my great aspiration. Sort of brings new meaning to the verse "...he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4b). The greatness of the world is nothing compared to the greatness of the love that Jesus showed us by becoming a servant. I seek to follow that example, and right now that means I need to follow Him into the film industry. You might be thinking, "Oh sure, he just wants to say God is calling him to film because it is something he wants to do." Yes, filmmaking is something I am truly passionate for, but I am passionate for film because of the glory it can bring to God and the witness it can be to men. I am seeking to make films that bring people to a greater realization of who God really is. I want as many people to see those sorts of films as possible. Currently, our culture is very dedicated to watching a vast amount of movies and TV shows. I want to use media to meet people where they are and show them how to aspire toward greatness; true greatness.I hope you can join me on this adventure and I will do my best to keep things up to date around here so you can see what projects I'm working on and hear little bits of things I'm thinking about. Feel free to pester me if it has been a while since I've posted and I'll try to get something put together.
No comments:
Post a Comment